· High-Quality Education Program for ages 3 to 5
· Offer a variety of program options: full day and half day
· Paths to Quality Level 3
· Accept CCDF and On My Way Vouchers
· Follow Indiana’s Early Learning Foundations
· Have indoor and outdoor play spaces
GBP Registration Information:
Preschool is the beginning step to your child’s educational journey and Shelbyville Central Schools is excited to assist you in that journey. The following information will help you with the process to begin that first step.
1. Preschool will follow the Shelbyville Central Schools’ calendar which includes early release times on Wednesdays, snow days and delays.
2. In accordance with Shelbyville Central Schools attendance policies please notify the Golden Bear Preschool office when your child is sick or absent. Doctor’s notes will be necessary when appropriate.
3. At times parents and school staff may need to work together if a child is having difficulty with the classroom routine. If needed to better serve your child, other preschool options may be considered.
4. Preschoolers for both the half and full day programs should be fully toilet trained during the daytime by the first day of preschool.
5. Parents will receive information on their child’s overall classroom performance 2 to 3 times per year.
6. Parents must provide transportation to and from preschool.
7. Each preschooler must be at least 3 years old on or before August 1, 2023. Please inquire for more information about students who turn 3 after Aug. 1st. Students that are five years old on or before Aug. 1, 2023 are eligible for kindergarten.
8. Payments (cash, check or money order) are due by the selected date (typically the 1st of the month) for the following month, with August payment due July 12, 2023. There will be a charge of $20 if payments are not made by the due date. Failure to pay by the 1st of the month will result in the child’s removal from the preschool program. Payments will be required for 10 months. The first payment is due July 12, 2023. Payments can be mailed to: Golden Bear Preschool / 1115 East State Road 44 / Shelbyville, IN 46176. Call 317-392-2449 for office hours to drop off a payment.
9. Parents must complete the application process and pay their $50 non-refundable registration fee to reserve their student’s spot.
10. Students registered will receive a packet in the mail in June/July with important preschool information. All families will need to complete online registration in July. Registration can be completed online or at Golden Bear Preschool during open registration dates.
Before-school care is offered through Golden Bear Preschool and is for families who need child care before their preschool program opens. Our before-school care program, Bear Care, is run by GBP staff and is an additional cost. Please see the link below for more information and for registration. Spots are limited and it is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
After-school care is offered through AYS, At Your School, and is a contracted company that supports our families who need child care after school. Registration for the 2023-24 school year will open later this spring. We will post and send out information once their registration opens. You can check out the AYS program by visiting their website at https://www.ayskids.org/.